ALL STUDENTS DESIRING TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION MUST COMPLETE
THE "ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION"
OUR FALL ADMISSION APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED! PLEASE CHECK BACK IN DECEMBER FOR OUR SPRING ADMISSION PROCESS
Please read the information below for further details on how to apply for admission.
The Kappa Leadership Institute - Chicago seeks high performing under-represented and/or disadvantaged young men of all nationalities who attend a high school within the metro Chicago area, show superior academic potential, and desire a high powered "College Readiness", "Leadership" and "Mentoring" program that is challenging and extremely rewarding. Our rigorous leadership and academic development process challenges each student to commit to excellence and raise his personal expectations of himself.
Generally, young men who complete the application and interview process to the Kappa Leadership Institute – Chicago represent a very select group of young men from throughout the Chicago area. In most cases, these young men have consistently experienced academic success or may have encountered several challenges along the way. But all have demonstrated their resilience, their interest, task commitment, and creativity in a variety of settings. We expect that during the admission process there will be three to four strong applicants for each space available in our program. Because of our limited capacity we are forced to disappoint many highly qualified and motivated young men each year.
Each student admitted into the Kappa Leadership Institute - Chicago goes through a very selective admission process which includes submitting an admission application, writing several essays, submitting letters of recommendations from their high school counselor or principal, their English teacher, their Math teacher, and participate in a (3) hour admission interview process.
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR KAPPA LEADERSHIP INSITUTE – CHICAGO’S ADMISSION APPLICATION:
Some of the questions we will ask during our review of each applicant include:
- 1. To what extent did this young man take advantage of local resources?
- 2.To what extent did this young man clearly demonstrate talent, interest, and motivation beyond the bounds of the classroom when available?
Applicants should meet the following requirements set forth for consideration for admission into the Kappa Leadership Institute – Chicago and the Kappa League program:
- Admission to the Kappa Leadership Institute – Chicago is determined by a competitive process in which all applicants are required to submit a specific set of materials. The competitive nature of the selection process does not permit the establishment of a pre-specified set of cut off of GPA or test scores but rather students who present the strongest combination of credentials are invited to apply.
- Kappa Leadership Institute - Chicago utilizes an accomplishment-based selection process that incorporates performance and participation or leadership in extracurricular activities with more traditional indicators of talent such as test scores and grades. For this reason, students with the highest GPA and/or test scores may not emerge as the strongest applicants in the pool for the purpose of selection. Along with these criteria, demographic variables are considered to ensure a diverse student population.
- If at the time of submitting his application, the applicant is a first semester freshman, he must provide his 7th and 8th grade grades, his 7th and 8th grade standardize test results and any other documentation that demonstrates that he has the potential to do academically well in high school.
- All applicants must be in “good standing” at their current school and must be currently enrolled in or will be enrolled in a high school in the 9th, 10th, or 11th grade.
All young men in the 9th - 11th grade interested in applying for admission into the Kappa Leadership Institute should register to attend our next "Informational Presentation." The informational presentation provides both the student and his parent/guardian an excellent opportunity to find out more about the Kappa Leadership Institute - Chicago, meet current students in the program and their parents, as well as get answers to specific questions they may have about the program.
Once a student has decided that he wishes to apply for admission to the Kappa Leadership Institute - Chicago, he must then complete the "online" Admission Application.
To register for our upcoming Informational Presentation and/or please click on the appropriate button below:
For answers to questions concerning the application and interview process, please contact the Admission Office of the Kappa Leadership Institute - Chicago at (312) 275-5722, or via email at email@example.com.